Tuesday, November 29, 2005

November 29.05

How one woman gets so excited about technology, is beyond me.
That'd be me, getting all riled up about my new phone. Not just that it's new. That this is the third new phone I've been through in a week.

The first one, well it was just tinny and cheap. Didn't like that at all, some sort of $100 Samsung deal. I wanted more. More toys, more ways to customize it, because god knows I don't have enough to do during my days that I need to be on that phone, making it pretty. That girly part of me I suppose.

The second one, well it was better. Better reception, was supposed to be an indestructable phone.
Yeah. About that.
I cracked the front screen the first bloody day. Dropping it 2 feet off my nightstand onto my carpetted floor. Indestructable my ass. So much for Nokia. It wasn't that pretty of a phone anyway. A little masculine for my taste.

So I go back last night.
By now, this woman doesn't want to see me anymore. She's a lil pissy this time.
I chose to go back to the Motorola, as the last one I had was a beast. I dropped that thing off a BUS and it was still fine. Ok so it rang for a little while when no one was calling, but hey, I made it stop.
She gives me the upgrade to a $200 phone for free. Mostly, I'm thinking, because she doesn't want me in there anymore. And this might shut me up. I felt so...American last night. They weren't gonna take the phone back because of the crack, and I went into full Americana mode.
Well I don't want a broken phone. I want a phone that has some balls, I don't want it to shatter the first time I drop it.
He tries to tell me well if you drop a phone, it's going to break. I eye him.
Not the Motorola one I had. Let's go back to that brand, shall we. Cause I can abuse that one and it'll forgive me in the morning.

So here I sit, with my brand new smooth shiny phone.
I'm secretly in love with it.
Mostly because I can hook the sucker up to my computer, and now, instead of paying $2 a pop for wallpaper or ringtones to replace the sorry excuse they have on there now, I can link it to my computer and use mp3s as ringtones. And pictures I create for wallpaper.
I.
Am in geek heaven.
I managed my favorite Christmas song of all time, Carol of the Bells, as my ringtone. Of course, no one has called me yet, so I'm not altogether sure it works, but it's there. Kermit sings Rainbow Connection to let me know I have a message. I love that song. Now I just need the Pink Panther melody for text messages and it's all good.
Who knew a phone could make a woman so bloody happy.
This woman, at least.
I should be getting phone regularly then. Get all happy like this all the time.

No comments: