Friday, June 09, 2006

June 9.06

I love corporate america.
no really.
The corporation fucks up and oops, oh we're bad, yanks most of my paycheck away because of an oversight on their part.
Fucking me hard.
No reacharound, no foreplay. Hell, no lube either, just here bend over and we'll just take this one thing from you. Could you possibly bite down on this leather bit too? And we're sorry for the inconvenience but we need you to whinny like a horse.
Not even offering any oats or barley or water.

Just when I thought I was getting ahead. The fates come by and smack me back into poverty. Lovely. I must've done something to attract their attention, as a child maybe, and now they have no one else to pick on.

It does drive me creatively, thank god.
The site will get updated. I'll have to start pushing for clients again, because being in the poorhouse does that to a girl. Looking for a second job now, which means buh-bye play time, no more hiking, camping, skateboarding, anything for a while.
Lovely.
And here I thought I could enjoy my summer.
No, no, corporate america can't have that.

Days like today, I miss home.
I miss healthcare being a right. Not something your company holds over your head and you're obligated to buy shitty coverage because, in the end, you really don't have a choice.
I miss knowing I was taken care of. I miss that security that no matter what else happened, I had the right to be healthy.

I hope the tank of gas I have will get me home.

No comments: